This website is for corporations outside Japan seeking for an opportunity to become a distributor of our publications in their own countries and/or to obtain the publishing rights of our books. Please note this is not for individual customers.
1. About ALC Press:
Established in 1969, ALC Press is one of the leading publishers in the field of language education in Japan. Our wide range of publications includes:
- English learning books and magazines for adults and children
- English teaching books and materials for English instructors of children
- Japanese learning and teaching books and materials
- Chinese and Korean learning books and magazines
We also offer 40 distance learning courses for learners of English, Chinese and Korean as well as for instructors of Japanese.
We consider ourselves not just a traditional publisher but also an innovative one because we also operate the huge educational portal website “SPACE ALC,” which receives more than 130 million page views per month. The most popular content on our website is the English/Japanese and Japanese/English online dictionary, Eijiro. It lists 1,809,000 featured words and abundant example sentences, attracting more than 2.4 million unique users per month, including business people, students, teachers and housewives.
Our company started by publishing a monthly magazine for English learners back in 1969 and that magazine, now called English Journal, has grown to be our flagship product. Therefore, English education is our strongest field. However, as a publisher, we established and maintain a firm position in the field of Japanese language education, too. We devote a large part of this website to introducing our publications for Japanese language learners with two purposes which are explained in section 2, “About this website.”
We created this website for the following two purposes:
1) We would like to expand our sales network to other countries, mainly in order to distribute our Japanese learning books and CDs. To attain this goal, we need to find business partners overseas who have a sales network of language learning publications in their own countries and wish to make a distributor contract with us. For more details, please click here.
2) We would like to find publishers overseas who are interested in obtaining the publication rights of our books. For a list of our publications with available publishing rights, please click here. Some English, Chinese and Korean learning books are also included.